The 2017 countdown to summer has begun! The Kennebunks have had a taste of summer already with some of our Spring days having reached temperatures in the 80’s and 90’s! When we have a Spring like that, we know it is time to pull out the beach gear and dust off last year’s sand. At The Inn at English Meadows, that is exactly what we’ve done! Did you know that when you stay with us, all you need to pack is your swimsuit and your favorite sunscreen? We can supply you with beach chairs, beach towels, beach umbrellas, a beach parking pass and beach directions! All you have to do is decide which beach you want to explore and what form of transportation you will take.
B.E.A.C.H. – Best Escape Anyone Can Have.
We’ve got a few to choose from, which would you like to explore? To name some: Kennebunk Beach (there’s one in Kennebunk and Kennebunkport), Gooches Beach, Mother’s Beach and Parsons Beach. Not bad for a small coastal town! If you do not find that special seashell, starfish or sand dollar, don’t fret – step into one of our shops and find the perfect keepsake to remember your beach days with us.
Kennebunk and Kennebunkport have scooters, bicycles, and kayaks for rent and they are all within walking distance from our Inn. Scooters: Harbor Village Scooters, Coastal Maine Scooter. Bicycles and Kayaks: Coastal Maine Kayak
The Kennebunks are bike and foot friendly New England Seacoast towns. We are aware of the beauty that surrounds us and sometimes you miss taking it all in when breezing by in a car, so go ahead and take your time. Our historic homes, quaint boutiques, and shops, rocky and beach-laden shorelines await you!
Let’s get our summer clothes out, dig down and find those flip flops and plan your beach getaway with us at The Inn at English Meadows.
Your 2017 summer, New England Seacoast adventure is waiting for you…
Some may call him mischievous, but we call him romantic. Cupid is busy this time of year, and he has his arrows pointed right at Kennebunkport. With its picturesque views, delicious food and quaint atmosphere, it’s the perfect place for a romantic getaway. Plus, Valentine’s Day falls on the Friday of President’s Day weekend, so you could come visit us for a three-day affair!
Here are 14 Cupid-approved Valentine’s Day weekend activities in and around Kennebunkport:
1) Find a special gift for your sweetheart at Dock Square in Kennebunkport. Head there for an afternoon of shopping and sight-seeing.
2) Start up some friendly competition at Sugarloaf during an afternoon of downhill skiing and snowboarding on Maine’s Western Mountains.
3) Declare you love for one another in the pristine sand of Goose Rocks Beach during a quiet stroll.
4) Reenact a scene on the very same pond Whitney Houston and Denzel Washington skated on in the movie, “The Preacher’s Wife,” during an afternoon of ice skating at Portland’s Deering Oaks Park Pond.
5) Enjoy a Valentine’s Day rendezvous with our Be My Valentine special. Turn your room into an enchanted cove filled with scattered rose petals, a bottle of champagne and homemade chocolate truffles. Enjoy a three-course gourmet breakfast accompanied by two Bellinis or Mimosas.
6) Have a divine dining experience for Valentine’s Day dinner at The White Barn Inn’s AAA Five Diamond restaurant located inside a rustic, renovated barn.
7) See and be seen at David’s KPT for a nice causal meal at the newest trendy waterfront social hub in Kennebunkport.
8) Enjoy an evening reception of cocktails and tasting plates and learn more about Kennebunkport’s history at the First Families Kennebunkport Museum for the “Love Stories Exhibition”.
9) Set the mood right with a burlesque show at Geno’s Rock Club in Portland.
10) Board a horse-drawn sleigh at Rockin’ Horse Stables for a cozy ride around Kennebunkport.
11) Walk off your Valentine’s dinner with a guided moonlit snowshoe walk on the Wells Reserve at Landholm in Wells.
12) Dance the night away at Kennebunk’s Family Valentine’s Day at the Town Hall auditorium.
13) Savor a beer and chocolate pairing at Portland’s Novares Res Bier Café.
14) Treat your sweetheart to in-room Rejuvenating Massages or a Lollia Luxury Bath Package in your room’s whirlpool.
Take advantage of all of the special events and attractions taking place in Kennebunkport and the surrounding areas this Valentine’s Day. With the help of Cupid’s arrow, you will fall in love all over again!