English Meadows Chilaquiles
- To make Chilaquiles: First, make Salsa Verde, throw a couple jalapenos and tomatillos under the broiler until charred, meanwhile chop and then saute a bunch of green onions and a clove of garlic. Then, blend in a food processor with salt, fresh cilantro and lime juice.
- Crisp up tortillas (we used Pachanga Tortillas made locally) for a couple minutes in oil that can take high heat (we used grapeseed oil). Work in batches. Hit them with some kosher salt as they drain on paper towel.
- Add the salsa, plus one cup of chicken stock to a pan that is big enough to hold the tortillas, saute until thickened a bit. Then add the tortillas to the sauce and toss to coat the chips. I like to leave some more crisp then others, to keep the texture interesting. Set aside.
- Next, fry up some eggs in oil, we like them crispy on the edge, but poached or scrambled would be great too.
- Place tortilla and sauce mixture on warmed plates, add your egg, top it off with Mexican crema, cotija cheese, fresh cilantro, avocado, and our secret ingredient, Tajin!
- This is a very freeform recipe, you can’t really mess it up. Be creative and enjoy!