Discover Coastal Maine from the downtown streets of Dock Square in Kennebunkport. The historic neighborhood is the perfect spot for window shopping and midday snacking. Discover the iconic art scene, indulge in Maine lobster, and spend your day relaxing on the shores of the Kennebunk River.
Delve into all that our area has to offer with our exclusive Vacation Guide. The on-the-go guide provides the best recommendations on where to eat to what to do in the Kennebunk region.
Find the Best Restaurants and Shopping in Dock Square
Experience traditional New England in Kennebunkport’s Dock Square. The downtown neighborhood offers a little bit of something for everyone from boiled lobsters to trendsetting art galleries. Explore it all during your next visit to the coast!
Shop the Square
- Visit Abacus Gallery for that perfect something to commemorate your trip. The one-of-kind gift shop offers everything from homemade crafts to intricate jewelry.
- Maine-ly Drizzle allows you to bring a little bit of the town’s culinary expertise home with you. Discover your love for everything olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Daytrip Society was recently named readers’ choice in Downeast’s Best of Maine. It’s the ideal stop for ladies to shop eclectic beachwear and find special gifts.
Grab Lunch Downtown
You can’t go wrong with any restaurant choice in Kennebunkport. Assuming you came to Maine to try the quintessential lobster, you’ll want to stop by either Alisson’s or The Clam Shack.
- Alisson’s is Kennebunkport’s neighborhood pub and casual eatery serving up hearty burgers, chilled lobster rolls, and cold brews. Snag a table on their second-floor dining area and enjoy a bird’s-eye view of Dock Square.
- The Clam Shack on the bridge has been serving up fresh, Maine lobster and delicious fried seafood since 1968. Order at the window and enjoy your buttery lobster roll or fried clam strips while overlooking the Kennebunk River.
While you’re reveling in the unique shops of Dock Square, don’t forget to pause for the natural beauty of the area. Enjoy a stroll down Ocean Avenue and bask in the warm Atlantic sun with the sea breeze at your back. Witness the fishing boats and sailboats coming in along the river, and embrace the true sense of community Kennebunkport has to offer.
Tour the Lower Village on Your Way to The Inn at English Meadows
While you’re strolling back to The Inn at English Meadows, be sure to check out the Lower Village’s unique shops and specialty stores. Get your afternoon pick-me-up at Mornings in Paris or Coffee Roasters of the Kennebunks. Enjoy the colorful, hand-crafted kaleidoscopes of Sue Rioux Designs. Swing by Auntie’s House Bakery and Chocolate Shop to indulge your sweet tooth.
When your feet start to fail you, fall into your queen-size bed in the Goose Rocks room. The colorful, beach-themed room includes luxurious FRETTE fine linens, an intimate sitting area, flat-screen TV, and a view of the heritage lilac gardens. We look forward to welcoming you to The Inn at English Meadows!