Some may call him mischievous, but we call him romantic. Cupid is busy this time of year, and he has his arrows pointed right at Kennebunkport. With its picturesque views, delicious food and quaint atmosphere, it’s the perfect place for a romantic getaway. Plus, Valentine’s Day falls on the Friday of President’s Day weekend, so you could come visit us for a three-day affair!
Here are 14 Cupid-approved Valentine’s Day weekend activities in and around Kennebunkport:
1) Find a special gift for your sweetheart at Dock Square in Kennebunkport. Head there for an afternoon of shopping and sight-seeing.
2) Start up some friendly competition at Sugarloaf during an afternoon of downhill skiing and snowboarding on Maine’s Western Mountains.
3) Declare you love for one another in the pristine sand of Goose Rocks Beach during a quiet stroll.
4) Reenact a scene on the very same pond Whitney Houston and Denzel Washington skated on in the movie, “The Preacher’s Wife,” during an afternoon of ice skating at Portland’s Deering Oaks Park Pond.
5) Enjoy a Valentine’s Day rendezvous with our Be My Valentine special. Turn your room into an enchanted cove filled with scattered rose petals, a bottle of champagne and homemade chocolate truffles. Enjoy a three-course gourmet breakfast accompanied by two Bellinis or Mimosas.
6) Have a divine dining experience for Valentine’s Day dinner at The White Barn Inn’s AAA Five Diamond restaurant located inside a rustic, renovated barn.
7) See and be seen at David’s KPT for a nice causal meal at the newest trendy waterfront social hub in Kennebunkport.
9) Set the mood right with a burlesque show at Geno’s Rock Club in Portland.
10) Board a horse-drawn sleigh at Rockin’ Horse Stables for a cozy ride around Kennebunkport.
11) Walk off your Valentine’s dinner with a guided moonlit snowshoe walk on the Wells Reserve at Landholm in Wells.
12) Dance the night away at Kennebunk’s Family Valentine’s Day at the Town Hall auditorium.
13) Savor a beer and chocolate pairing at Portland’s Novares Res Bier Café.
14) Treat your sweetheart to in-room Rejuvenating Massages or a Lollia Luxury Bath Package in your room’s whirlpool.
Take advantage of all of the special events and attractions taking place in Kennebunkport and the surrounding areas this Valentine’s Day. With the help of Cupid’s arrow, you will fall in love all over again!
Our English Goldendoodle, Bailey, is eager to tell readers about some of our Maine Bed and Breakfast lodging specials.
“I think every day at the Inn at English Meadows is special; I certainly have great fun from the moment I wake Eric and Liz until I tuck them in at night. But I guess people sometimes like a little something extra to make their time here even more special–kind of like treats. I can understand that; I like treats.
Our Valentine Indulgence Special is sure to bring out the romantic in anyone. Roses, champagne, luxurious Frette robes, and a decadent homemade chocolate desert are added to a two night stay. I don’t know what this Valentine is, but it must be nice.
Is there a more perfect combination than a Manicure and Martinis? Her hands will be treated to a transformative experience. His hands will escort her to Old Vines, where martinis will be placed in both his and her hands. I wanted to get my nails done, but Liz and Eric just laughed at me.
Yoga has been practiced for thousands of years. It endures because it balances and restores those who practice it. I know all about it–I do “Downward Dog” first thing every morning. Choose our Exhale Package and enjoy a private 90 minute yoga session and two relaxing massages during your stay. Deepen your practice, or begin it here.
When it’s cold outside, our Winter Warm-Up Special feels just right. We’ll have a bottle of red or white wine waiting for you, and we’ll serve gourmet hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows and delicious, freshly baked cookies during your stay. To help you remember your cozy time in Kennebunkport, we’ll let you take home our signature Sferra throw. Wow!
Whether you’re pregnant for the first or the fifth time, you know what’s coming: an adorable baby, sleep deprivation and exhaustion. All of your energy and attention will be focused on the baby once he or she arrives. For now, focus on yourself. Spend two nights in one of the luxury guest rooms at our Kennebunk/Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast, and allow yourself to be pampered and massaged. We call this our Bliss Before Baby Special. Eric and Liz wish they had treated themselves to this before getting me; I can’t imagine what they mean.
These are just some of the specials we offer at our Kennebunk/Kennebunkport inn; please see our Specials page for more. Treat yourself, because treats are nice.”