Everyone needs souvenirs from a great vacation! Either to remember how awesome it was, or to apologize to the people you didn’t want to invite.. Don’t even worry. Sarah and I went scouting for the best souvenirs in the Kennebunks, so you can get such amazing presents that you will end up keeping them for yourself!
The first and best place to start is the Inn, of course. They have all the luxuries from your stay available for purchase! Malin + Goetz soaps (don’t they just smell all kinds of amazing??), English Meadows coffee mugs and gorgeous hand-blown Italian drinking cups, Tea Forté tea bags and tea trays, the cute little tea pots, everything! These are the perfect things to bring home to remind you to relax and enjoy yourself, and to bring to people who don’t like trinkets!
The place to go for the cutest Mainey trinkets is Definitely the Daytrip Society. They have everything you will need to impress your friends with your thoughtfulness and generosity. Also, they have great sunglasses, and a Junior store for all the babies in your life who need to be spoiled.
Their card selection is straight up KILLER. You can buy them all and send them to your inlaws like, ‘oh darn, you would love it so much here, super sorry you couldn’t come. We’ll almost certainly remember to invite you next year probably.’
Next, we went to our favourite place for KENNEBUNK merch- Saxony Imports. It’s not as adorably curated as the Daytrip Society, but they do have really soft sweatshirts, cute hats, stickers, etc: Kennebunk souvenirs are their jam. Sarah got a great hat with a leather tab at the back, and will now be representing KPT in all of her paparazzi shots from now on.
After all of that shopping, it is definitely time to walk across the green bridge into Kennebunk to relax with a glass of something at Ports of Italy. You have earned it for SURE. Ask Mike the bartender for book recommendations- he’ll hook you right up!
That was so easy! What a success. Now you can go home with all of your beautiful trinkets and remember your favourite vacation!
Thanks for coming shopping with us, we hope to see you around the port this summer! We’re so excited to show you all of our favourite places around town, pretty soon you’ll be able to tour the town like a local! Don’t forget to book your room, cause we can’t wait to have you stay with us!
See you soon!
The Inn at English Meadows
Photos by Sophie Hines
Some may call him mischievous, but we call him romantic. Cupid is busy this time of year, and he has his arrows pointed right at Kennebunkport. With its picturesque views, delicious food and quaint atmosphere, it’s the perfect place for a romantic getaway. Plus, Valentine’s Day falls on the Friday of President’s Day weekend, so you could come visit us for a three-day affair!
Here are 14 Cupid-approved Valentine’s Day weekend activities in and around Kennebunkport:
1) Find a special gift for your sweetheart at Dock Square in Kennebunkport. Head there for an afternoon of shopping and sight-seeing.
2) Start up some friendly competition at Sugarloaf during an afternoon of downhill skiing and snowboarding on Maine’s Western Mountains.
3) Declare you love for one another in the pristine sand of Goose Rocks Beach during a quiet stroll.
4) Reenact a scene on the very same pond Whitney Houston and Denzel Washington skated on in the movie, “The Preacher’s Wife,” during an afternoon of ice skating at Portland’s Deering Oaks Park Pond.
5) Enjoy a Valentine’s Day rendezvous with our Be My Valentine special. Turn your room into an enchanted cove filled with scattered rose petals, a bottle of champagne and homemade chocolate truffles. Enjoy a three-course gourmet breakfast accompanied by two Bellinis or Mimosas.
6) Have a divine dining experience for Valentine’s Day dinner at The White Barn Inn’s AAA Five Diamond restaurant located inside a rustic, renovated barn.
7) See and be seen at David’s KPT for a nice causal meal at the newest trendy waterfront social hub in Kennebunkport.
8) Enjoy an evening reception of cocktails and tasting plates and learn more about Kennebunkport’s history at the First Families Kennebunkport Museum for the “Love Stories Exhibition”.
9) Set the mood right with a burlesque show at Geno’s Rock Club in Portland.
10) Board a horse-drawn sleigh at Rockin’ Horse Stables for a cozy ride around Kennebunkport.
11) Walk off your Valentine’s dinner with a guided moonlit snowshoe walk on the Wells Reserve at Landholm in Wells.
12) Dance the night away at Kennebunk’s Family Valentine’s Day at the Town Hall auditorium.
13) Savor a beer and chocolate pairing at Portland’s Novares Res Bier Café.
14) Treat your sweetheart to in-room Rejuvenating Massages or a Lollia Luxury Bath Package in your room’s whirlpool.
Take advantage of all of the special events and attractions taking place in Kennebunkport and the surrounding areas this Valentine’s Day. With the help of Cupid’s arrow, you will fall in love all over again!