The 28th annual Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival – Saturday, September 12, 2015 – Sunday, September 13, 2015 – is a prestigious event that brings more than 100 juried, master artisans to Wells, Maine every year, the weekend after Labor Day, for 2 days of spectacular crafts, food, music, and fun!
If you’re a fan of fine arts and crafts – or just a great time at a spectacular Maine seaside setting – then the Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival is for you! Jury-selected, one of a kind, hand-wrought jewelry, pottery, wood, glass, fiber arts, and more are the focus at this long-lived and highly popular coastal festival, with artisans coming in from across the region to share and sell their wares. Read the rest of this page »
Read the rest of this page »
For more than a quarter of a century, the citizens of Kennebunkport/Kennebunk have joined together to celebrate the spirit of Christmas. The Christmas Prelude is a way for local businesses to give thanks to the visitors and residents who have supported them throughout the year. It is a celebration of community, friends, family, and the holidays. We are really looking forward to it here at our Kennebunkport/Kennebunk Bed and Breakfast.
Christmas Prelude 2011 begins on Thursday, December 1, with the annual Clothesline Art Show and the Maine Women in the Arts Pre-Prelude Show Opening. Holiday festivities continue through Sunday, December 4, and then resume the following weekend, Friday to Sunday, December 9-11.
It would be a monumental task to list all Christmas Prelude events in this blog. Highlights include:
- Live Music: Carolers, a Wandering Christmas Minstrel, a Fife and Drum Duo, Barbershop Quartets, Chamber Music, and more.
- Tree Lighting Ceremonies. Kennebunkport’s Dock Square, and Kennebunk’s Lower Village.
- Cape Porpoise Lobster Trap Tree. It may be the most unique holiday decoration in the world.
- Historic Trolley Tours. Ride an historic trolley through the lovely Maine woods.
- Crafts Fairs. Find unique gifts for friends and family.
- Treats. Shops provide holiday goodies for all who walk through their doors.
- Holiday Wine Tasting. Sample wines from around the world.
- Fire and Ice Bar. Sit by a fire, admire ice sculptures, and enjoy drinks and hors d’oeuvres from local restaurants.
- Santa. He travels by lobster boat while on the coast of Maine.
The residences and businesses of Kennebunk and Kennebunkport dress elegantly for the holidays. Colorful lights, pretty wreaths, bows, and ribbons line the streets. Perhaps nothing captures the spirit of the holidays in Maine like the Cape Porpoise Lobster Trap Tree and the wonderfully creative seashell wreaths – stunning circles of cedar or juniper decorated with slender starfish, delicate sand dollars, sparkling sea glass, and pretty shells. See them at least once in a lifetime.
It isn’t too early to reserve your spot in our Kennebunk/Kennebunkport Maine Bed and Breakfast. As of this writing, we still have openings the weekend of December 9, 2011. Our inn is within walking distance from Kennebunkport’s Dock Square, the heart of the Christmas Prelude.
For a complete list of holiday events, please see Christmas Prelude.