Miracle Fish Soup
This one is really easy and comes together very quickly. Great for impressing dinner guests.
- 2 pounds cod or hake
- Juice of two limes (at least)
- 1 teaspoon (at least) red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves (at least) garlic roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds Cherry tomatoes (parboiled and peeled)*
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper and 1 yellow bell pepper, somewhat peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cans Cannellini beans
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
Marinate the fish in Olive oil, lime juice, garlic and red pepper flakes for at least an hour and
up to 4 hours.
Put tomatoes in the bottom of a cold pot. Add onions, peppers and beans. Add Fish and pour
marinade into pot.
Bring to a boil and then simmer 20 minutes, until vegetables have softened and released
their juices and fish is barely cooked through (about 20 minutes).
Stir in herbs and serve with crusty bread and green salad.
5 hours, only 1 1/2 hours cooking
*You can use a 28 oz. can of tomatoes instead of the cherry tomatoes